Thursday 29 September 2011

A Cloudy Doune

I've begun to look again at the many (1200 or so) photos I managed to capture whilst in Doune (it is in north west Scotland) for a week last June. I had an initial look at the photos in early July, just after returning home and posted some images as a result here. So here are some more photos from that very enjoyable trip.





Think I'm beginning to see a common theme here - landscapes with clouds. Cloudscapes ?  I was there with a group of other photographers who were more interested in the local wildlife - the birds, dolphins and even some whales. We found a flock of puffins one morning. Thought they were disappointly small, with lots of flapping wings and very little actual flying. Unfortunately for me, I had become used to seeing large (40cm by 50 cm) images of these birds at my local photographic society, so to see how small they were in real life was surprising  Anyways the nearest I got to photographing the "wildlife" was some cattle - you may just about see some in one of the above photos.

Suppose the next step would be to do some reasearch and identify the clouds, you know ... cumulus, nimbus or whatever. Perhaps that is a task to undertake during the upcoming winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment