Tuesday 7 December 2010

Enchanted Wood at Syon Park

 Another visit to the Enchanted Wood, in nearby Syon Park, on a very cold Sunday evening just past. I'ts almost become an annual event for me; its only open for a few weekends this time of year and I've been before - the photo in the header of this blog (at the time of posting) was taken there last year.






I've posted some of last year's pictures in ths blog here and here   Some of the light displays around the trees had changed, and I was trying to get something different. The light levels are low, and so a tripod is really necessary -  some of the exposures were in seconds - yet some of the other visitors were handholding their cameras. Others were using on-camera flash. I wonder if they were disappointed with their results. I took fewer pictures than last year, and on an initial review, this years selection looks promising. I may think different when I print them.

It wasn't an evening for hanging around - the temperature in the car when we left read -2 C. Not that I cared a that point - a hot latte in the cafe on the way out to the car park helped.

   

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors, specially the first one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roger

    Fantastic photos of The Enchanted Woodland - thanks for braving the cold that night, it was freezing!

    Just to let you know that it is our 6th year this year. Open from Friday 18th November to Sunday 4th December, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only, 5pm to 9pm, last entry at 8pm.

    http://www.syonpark.co.uk/enchanted_woodland.htm

    Emma

    ReplyDelete