Monday 4 July 2011

Doune

Spent last week island hopping, while based in Doune, which is near to Skye in north west Scotland. I had never been to that part of Scotland before - I'd previously visited Edinburgh a couple of times (and enjoyed every minute) but not the west coast. It was good to get out of London for a while and get some very fresh air and even better - no traffic.
I haven't had a chance to inspect many of the photos I took in detail yet - I filled 6 cards, almost 20gb., mostly landscapes. I was with a bunch of other photographers who were more interested in the wildlife - dolphins, deer, minke whales .... and they took many more photos than I did.




We took a flight from Gatwick to Glasgow, and then the train from Glasgow to Mallaig - a long train journey in excess of 5 hours - with the consolation of spectacular views of the countryside.

Our return journey to Heathrow almost ruined the holiday - apart from having to "enjoy" the kerosene fumes, after all that freash air,  it took about 40 minutes for our baggage to come through in Terminal 5. Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment