Monday 17 January 2011

Time of Day

I'm beginning to catch up with posting here my pictures taken for the exercises set in my BTEC photoclass. The brief for this one was "Time of Day", and was actually set, photographed and presented in class last October.

It was apparent during the discussion within the class when this assignment was set that one possible outcome - a photographic outcome at least - were photographs of the same place, building, whatever, taken at different different times of the day or night. For example, early morning, midday, afternoon and so. Different lighting, sun light from various directions.

I've had some experience of taking photographs to a theme in a special interest group of my local Photographic Society - it meets monthly and we're asked to bring in 2 photographs on a pre set theme which we all then comment upon. There can be a diverse interpretation of the theme set. So, thought maybe I'd try to do something a little different than the way the discussion was leading, and still perhaps meet the theme.

I haven't worn a wrist watch for several years. I actually have two - both with run down  batteries. There are enough clocks at home - my tuner,VCR, microwave, my PC - so I can see what the time is if I need to know. There's also one in my car and on my mobile phone. And additionally when I'm out and about there are plenty of clocks visible one to all in central London (Big Ben ....) Perhaps I use some of these clocks, at least photographically ?

Here is a (small) selection of my shoot... 




Look at the time in each photograph.
eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, one o'clock
Passage of time, Time of Day even ?

Not sure if like the images, whatever about meeting the brief of the assignment. Sunny October day, the light was harsher then I'd  like for this time of year.  A few days previously, a different shoot, covering most the same ground, but more pleasing light - and photos - you can my post of it here !

No comments:

Post a Comment