Thursday 24 March 2011

Constructed Images - continued

My constructed image assignment for my BTEC class is due today. I’ve done the studio shoot and incorporated an image - a least part of an image from the shoot into another - and made up a composite. If you’ve read my previous post of a couple of days ago you’ll notice the composites were comprised of photographs captured on film. Here, the composite comprises all photographs which were captured digitally.

Here is the original background photograph - unprocessed


Here are a couple more - as originally takem - from which elements were extracted -



The location was Leake Street behind Waterloo Station in central London. Elements - the faces - were taken from them, using Photoshop CS4 and added to the background and placed appropriately in separate layers. I had to use the move tool extensivly here, and then change the opacity of each layer. This is most noticeable in the face on the right hand side - check out these image below for work in progress.



Further processing included blending and adjusting the colour balance.

The studio shoot yielded these tomatoes –


I’d originally shot some tins of soup (tomato again) with the idea of making up a Warhol type image, but as I need to hone up my product photography skills (apart from anything else) I wasn’t too happy with results. 

The hooded figure in the centre needed some “eyes”. Given the backround colour temperature, perhaps Tomato Eyes ? 


Some further processing on the eyes of the left hand side face and adjustment of the red colour of the background. I'm stopping there. I had to resist the temptation for further processing, but there is always a danger of overdoing it and using filters just because you can, not because the image demands it..   

Overdone already? Possibly?  Does it work as as image ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment