Wednesday 18 November 2009

St Paul's



Spent a very pleasant, if chilly, time in Central London a few evenings ago. Took my tripod in, thought I'd try to capture St Pauls at night time - from across the Thames. Good location - outside Tate Modern. Made a few exposures - and attach one I liked here. I'll have to analyse this one (and the others from that evening) in more detail soon - I was varying the shutter speeds, f-stops and colour balance in order to achieve different results. That is one advantage (some may say only but thats another matter) of digital photography - tha camera automatically records the technical details of each shot, for subsequent analytical use - you dont have to write down copious notes at the time....



Here's a similar photo of St Paul's for comparison, taken from almost the same position, across the river from outside the Tate Modern - but this one was taken in daylight. Quite a difference ?

No comments:

Post a Comment