Thursday 5 November 2009

Fashion Show



Had a different but interesting Saturday last - I was asked to attend a Fashion Show and take photos of the event. I'd never been to a fashion show before, never mind photograph it.

Photographically, the lighting was was patchy on the cat walk, with the best light at either end. Given crowds milling around - punters as well as others taking photos - using a tripod was not an option. Tried using flash (an accessory on the camera hot shoe with adjustable head, not the built in rubbish) - but obtained poor results.
So had to revert to using the camera hand held.



Managed to get some pictures as the attached show. I've got plenty more, many of which may be described as "too soft". Not sure if they show the clothes off to their best advantage - presumably the purpose of the show. I guess some more experience at events such as these will improve my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment