Saturday 29 May 2010

Ship in a Bottle

Next up on the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square is "Nelson's Ship in a Bottle" by Yinka Shonibare MBE - one of the first sculture to give a direct nod the the adjacent monument.

 Here's what it looked like on May 23rd, the day before it's unveiling  -



and a few days later (note the clouds ... we had over summer in London, in 23/5 and its now over for another year ...) -






I wasn't expecting very much beforehand but now that I've seen it, I like it.

I may try to photograph it again, from a different angle. Whilst I enjoyed the bright May sunshine, it does make photographing a "bottle" a little more difficult,  with refections and hot spots. What looks interesting also
is capturing Nelson's column through the Bottle - you can the effect in one of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment