Sunday 13 September 2009

Thames Festival

Had a good day yesterday at the Thames festival in central London. A sunny day with warm sunshine and many activities to photograph. Arrived in Waterloo in good humour on the train only to loose it as the Underground decided to have a signal failure on the Jubilee line then and suspend it from Waterloo to London Bridge - I had planned to take the tube to London Bridge and then walk back (upstream) towards the South Bank Centre.

Anyways the good humour did return later on at the Festival. Made it as far as Southwark Bridge which had many stalls selling exotic food and drink, long tables and chairs decked out ...... and the Mariachi performers (there were only 3 when I was there, is this too small to be a mariachi band ?)



They brought back many (good) memories of my trip to Mexico - last time I heard that type of music I was actually there - and that was in 1996. How time flies.

The Fire Garden outside the Tate Modern was spectacular, but as I hadn't brought my tripod (it weighs kilos and far too heavy to drag around a crowed event such as this) or a mono pod, haven't managed to take any half decent photos. Think I'll return this evening for the Night Carnival and Fireworks - with mono pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment